How much does it cost to build a website for a small business? Website redesign cost typically ranges from $1995 to $10,000; most small businesses will invest around $3,000 to $4,000 for a great website.You don’t have to invest a large amount of money to get the results you’re looking for from a website revamp or an entirely new site. You might want to ask yourself a few questions to get started:
- What would you like your website to do for you? Look great . . . generate business . . . more?
- Does your current site represent your company well?
- Are you proud when you show the site to potential customers or clients?
- Would you like a website redesign company to write content for you . . . or will you write it?
- Do you need any customization . . . like an interactive map for multiple locations?
Here are a few questions that you should ask the company that you’re considering hiring to do your website makeover:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a team, or are you the only one that will work on my site?
- Can you show me current client’s sites?
- Can I speak with a few of your clients to see how happy they are?
- Do you offer other services like SEO, online marketing, marketing funnels, etc.?
- Are you going to help me when I have changes to make to the site? Am I going to have to pay more for that?
- Can you get me found well on Google and can you show others that you are doing this for right now?
- How long has the website redesign company been in business? You want to be sure that the company has a track record of success, and you’re not part of their “attempt to get it right”. You also might like them to be around when you need changes or additions.
- Do you have a team? When an agency has a team of people, you’re not dependent on a single person that may not be able to keep up with a full list of clients. When there’s a team, sick days, vacations, bad moods, mental health days, or heavy workloads don’t leave you stranded when you need help.
- Current clients. If a website company can’t show you current clients . . . why? Do they not have any . . . are they afraid you’ll call them . . . are they all angry. . . is there a trend of bad customer service . . . is their work substandard? These things should worry any business owner because we all need our websites to be the very best they can be. After all, the website is often the first impression a potential customer or client has of your business! We can only make one first impression.
- Speaking with current clients. This is the real test of the success of a website redesign company. Are the current clients happy? When you speak with current clients, ask how long they’ve been with the company – the longer, the better. How has the entire experience been from day one to today, have there been any problems, and how were they resolved? This is the best protection you have against a bad experience.
- Do they offer other services? You may want to have search engine optimization performed on your site. If the website design company builds the site and another company performs the SEO, if something doesn’t go well . . . the finger-pointing may begin. Have the website build and SEO done by the same people, so they are accountable to you for both. Your website is the core of your digital marketing program. If the agency offers online ads, text, and email marketing etc., there will be a cohesive plan, and you may find a higher level of success.
- Will the website redesign company help with changes and additions? Most good agencies will offer multiple plans. If you simply want a website built without ongoing SEO, you may not have free help with things like adding pictures, videos, specials etc. If you opt for a plan that includes SEO, then you should have webmaster services included as part of the package, so you never have to pay for additions and changes.
- Getting found on Google. This is critical in many industries. If you are found well on Google, you will get more website visitors and, ultimately, more business. It is very easy for someone to tell you that they will get you found well on Google, but the quantifiable proof will tell the real story. Have the agency show you current clients that are ranking well for many relevant terms. It’s easy to rank for left-handed screwdrivers, but there is no traffic for the term. Be sure that they have more than one or two clients ranking for relevant terms. A good SEO strategy will have you ranking for hundreds of terms. So, dig a little if you are interested in SEO as part of your website redesign, and you’ll have more success.
At My SEO Guys, we’ve been in business since 2007. We know website building, design, redesign, search engine optimization, and online marketing. We don’t let our clients down and work hard to help them grow their businesses each and every year.