What's the Cost of SEO for Contractors:
Our monthly retainer for local contractors typically ranges from $500 to $1,000 per month. National contractors or those covering a multitude of states may require more work and therefore a higher retainer. There may be an initial fee depending on the state of your current website. It often requires far fewer hours and therefore a lower fee to rebuild a badly optimized website than to fix it at an hourly rate.
Websites for contractors start at $1995. Ask us how to get half of your money back for the website.
Can SEO be Performed for a Lower Fee?
You can always find someone to do it for less. If you speak with other contractors and ask about their experience with SEO services, you’ll find a mixed bag of answers. Many will tell you that they had bad experience. Others will tell you that SEO is worth every penny that you invest and more. If you ask these same people how much they paid, you will find nearly 100% of the time that SEO cheaper than $500 per month doesn’t work.
What's the Cost of SEO for Contractors - A Quick Pricing Guide
- An effective SEO Agency can easily charge between $125 and $200 per hour and get all the work they can handle. Even a lower level SEO specialist can easily bill $80 per hour.
- To get your website ranked well and keep it ranked well it takes many hours of work monthly. SEO is not a set it and forget it process. A good SEO consultant and his team will be working on your website regularly.
- A cheaper SEO firm will have to service too many clients to earn a decent living and won’t have the time to do everything necessary to keep their clients well ranked. The lower SEO cost doesn’t allow the SEO specialist to hire the best team members to get his/her clients the best ROI on their SEO campaign. This is why so many contractors have had a bad experience with an SEO agency- they went with what sounded like a "good deal."
- It takes a team of specialists to do a great job in this highly competitive market. We have, SEOs, Certified Digital Marketing Professionals (CDMPs), top notch SEO knowledgeable web developers, very experienced writers, a tech services department to handle your emails and all your tech questions and concerns as well as protect our servers and your website, a dedicated project manager for each client, and they all know contracting. We specialize in SEO for contractors and we know your business.
- An effective SEO campaign requires more than being found on page one of the SERPs. Marketing is a very large part of creating profit with your website and the best SEOs have CDMPs on staff, like we do!
Could I Save on SEO Cost by Adding an SEO Specialist to My Staff?
Here’s what it costs an SEO agency to hire great people:
SEO Specialist - $80,000 to $165,000
CDMPs - $80,000 to $125,000
SEO-knowledgeable web developers - $35,000 to $75,000
Technical writers - $35,000 to $65,000
Tech team members - entry level $30,000 to server security at $100,000
Keep in mind that in larger markets you have to pay more for the team than in smaller markets. Fortunately, My SEO Guys is located in a smaller market.
So typically, the answer is no, you can’t save money by hiring an SEO specialist in house the way you could 20 years ago.
Relate SEO to your business. Do the cheapest contractors do the best work? Do they stay in business long enough to service their accounts long term?
SEO is just like contracting in that there are very good SEO agencies and really bad SEO agencies. You don't have to rely on the luck of the draw to pick the right one for your company.
How Can You Pick the SEO Agency That’s Right For Your Contracting Business?
- Pick one that specializes in working with contractors, as they always know more about your industry and how to help you improve your profit. Remember that they have helped many contractors just like you increase their profits.
- Pick one that has specialists on staff (not outsourced) in every area needed to help you increase your profit.
- Don’t believe what a sales person tells you. Talk with clients of the SEO service and find out from the contractors that use them if they do what they say they’ll do, and are they responsive to the contractors’ wants and needs. Ask if the SEO firm really understands your field and has increased their profit nicely and perhaps even decreased their marketing costs. Find out if the SEO agency cares about their company goals and helps them reach them. Ask how many years they have been partnered with the SEO firm and if the results have gotten better or worse. This will tell you how much ongoing work the SEO specialist does for the contractor. It also will let you know if the entire SEO firm stays well educated in their field.
Here's a pretty good pricing guide for SEO from Forbes Magazine.
Don’t Leave Something as Important as Increasing Your Profit to a "Generic" SEO Agency
Call us and talk contracting with us to see if we really know your industry. Speak with our site analyst, a project manager or one of our SEO specialists and discuss what the cost of SEO would be for your contracting business. Ask us to show you great rankings from our clients, local map listings for them, and ask to speak with some clients. We’re sure that you’ll quickly find out that the cost of SEO is really worth it and we’re the best choice for a contractor that wants to increase his bottom line!